Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Drum Roll Please...{New Photo Studio, Syracuse NY}

When I first thought of starting my own photography business I knew I wanted to open a home studio.  This would be easier to be with my children and I wanted a space that was more relaxed, and cozy for children and new moms. Parking is easy!  I decided to use our formal living room which has gorgeous natural light all day. My husband and I immediately began working.  Along with a new floor we changed base boards and did lots of painting.  Designing was very easy for me.  I do not like clutter, I love furniture that is rustic, and I wanted a space clean and fresh.  I am so glad that I put forth the money, effort, and time to complete this. 
A recent client told me she was unsure of going to a photographer with a home studio. She describe a bad experience with a previous photographer's home studio. Upon arriving at the photographer's home she and her daughter were brought down into a dark, cluttered, unfinished basement for their photos. She was relieved to find my studio very professional. I decided I should post a photo showing potential clients what my home studio looks like, and to also publicly thank my husband for all his hard work making my studio what I had envisioned.
 
Some of my gear and a wrap around canvas of my daughter.
Look at this gorgeous natural light... who needs that flash when you have mother nature?

My welcome table, business cards, music catered to the clients taste, and a little drink.



My youngest daughter's beautiful smile on a stand out.
Another little gallery of some wonderful clients.

 Just a couple of many backdrops.  I prefer seamless paper over anything else... well with an exception of mother nature.
 
Gosh I just love these chairs!

 
I am still waiting on some more studio lighting and French doors but I would say it's looking fab :)

No comments:

Post a Comment